Bots bend a lot

General support.
Leonid_RU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I replaced the bot model, but now when they turn towards the game, they bend very much like snakes... This does not always happen, but for example when the bot is running forward, and the player is standing behind and the bot wants to turn on him and his back bends...

The following parameters are specified in the bl_AIAnimation settings:

At this point, the selected AI turns on the enemy and in this position will shoot at him, but runs in the opposite direction from him... That is, he runs in the other direction from the enemy, but bends 180° and shoots at him...
Leonid_RU
Contributor
Contributor

As I found out, this is due to the Weight parameter. How can I fix this? This starts after the enemy starts running away from the target (most likely to another point from AI_Manager), but the view remains on the target... It looks very strange from the outside.
Leonid_RU
Contributor
Contributor

Lovatto, can you tell me what the problem is?
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Well yeah, that upper body IK issue can be reduced by simply set the "Clamp" value (in bl_PlayerIK) to 0.5 or more, that will prevent the upper body rotate at that weird angle, but that is not the real problem, what causes this in the first place is that the Bot is not rotating their body towards the target in some situations,
I'm aware of this and I'll work on a solution.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here